New eye candy.

 I feel like I sorta retired when I decided to quit doing artfest, journalfest and the play retreats.  However, my life hasn't slowed down one bit, it has simply changed focus.  It has been an awesome ride, taking me to places that are new and different.
I've been more than a little obsessed lately with journaling.  I find myself not wanting to do anything else but create.  Thankfully, we just spent a week in los angeles where Tracy taught for 3 days while I got to sit on a deck in the woods (up in Idyllwild) by myself and journal.  It was complete bliss.  But it didn't stop when I got home.  Even posting here is something I am forcing myself to do instead of journaling.  All I want is to immerse myself back into my pages.  But I need to remind myself that balance is good...in everything.
 I'm not entirely sure this page is finished.  I was having fun with my irojiten colored pencils on the background.  love those...so smooth and creamy.  makes my prismacolors and my coloursofts seem super grainy.

 I was reading an interview the other day with Gwyneth Paltrow.  She was talking about going away on a spiritual retreat of sorts.  She set intentions every day she was there but on the last day when she decided to ask the universe the big questions, she said she went on a hike in the red rocks (of arizona) and the rocks literally spoke out loud to her saying the quote I wrote out above.  It really hit me when I read it.  I don't think we give ourselves enough credit.  We truly ARE superheros that intuitively know the answers to our own questions.  We are so much more powerful than we think we are.

 mermaids are still popping up on my pages...

what's up ahead?
Lots (TONS) more journaling.
Our last art romp starting on july 7th.
Some online stuff that I am working on with my daughter, Tiphoni.
Our Summer Evening series workshops (space in everything except the journaling portion).
Speaking (and selling) at Art Is You in Petaluma end of September
and to round out the year, I'm teaching at the Call of the Wild Soul retreat in Petaluma the beginning of November.